A Letter to You

Saturday, May 2, 2009

About Imma Momma

Hi, I'm Alicia. I started Imma Momma. Let me tell you a little bit about where it came from, the purpose of , and the goals I have set for Imma Momma.

Imma Momma started out as "Sweet Nothings" - my corner to vent and be social without boring my DH to tears! But I found a support group through kind words and simple participation. "Sweet Nothings" quickly evolved into it's own... being? personality? I don't know what you would call it - but it quickly matured from just another blog into a blog with a purpose.

The purpose of Imma Momma is to encourage women to find happiness in whatever point of life they are in, to appreciate the details that make our lives our own, and to recognize and develop the things that make us who we are as women.

Since my husband and I were married 4 years ago, we have moved... going on 10 times, in three different states (including Hawaii).  Lets just say, in my head, I saw things going differently 4 years ago. Now, we have 2 boys and have been rocked on the economic storm that continues to shake the ground we stand on, and causes us to lose our footing. (Does any of this sound slightly familiar to any of you...?) I am no blogging Guru. I don't have a Degree in education.  But despite that others think we have legitimate excuses to be unhappy - I sincerely love my life. I wish that everyone everywhere could find what I have found.

There are so many wonderful things to be discovered while we are alive, and so many amazing people to learn from!  Don't ever convince yourself that you know it all - because in that moment you will stop the progress to your full potential. (Go ahead, quote me!)

The goal for Imma Momma is to build a team to share this passion for life, and create a network of women who will support one another in their individual Quests For Happiness!

But for now, you will hear from me. I will share with you the things I find of worth. And let you into my life via Imma Momma, where I hope you will find a friend!

1 comment:

The Gonzales 'Ohana said...

Imma Momma...LOVE IT!!! Very well said yet again, Alicia! You really should write a book...really! You are a talented writer (amongst many other things). Hope you are doing well.
Take care,
Shelley