A Letter to You

Thursday, January 21, 2010

It’s all worth it

19jan 041

So, I  feel like I haven’t slept in three years… and I don’t have the figure I did before my first pregnancy… sometimes I can’t remember my own name and refer to myself as mommy… and I’ve poured ketchup into Monkey’s cup instead of milk… in all honesty, I feel like I’m losing my brain.

But it’s all worth it.

I am only a shred of the woman I used to be before I became a mom, but I am 10 times the woman I was. I am more patient (being a bossy first-born, this is a big deal for me), more kind, loving, and affectionate.  I have little people who need me more than anyone else has ever needed me. It feels good to be needed. It feels even better to be loved unconditionally. It is the best feeling in the world knowing we will be a family even after we die.

Hug your babies. Tell them you love them. Forgive those who have hurt you. Fall back in love. Go on vacation. Play in the snow. Enjoy the sunshine. Laugh. Be happy.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Beautifully said. And you are so right, being a mom totally changes you.

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

What a great reflection. We moms need that reminder

Lourie said...

I often marvel at how much I have changed since they handed me my first baby. I have much growing to do. Thanks for the reminder to seize the moment.