A Letter to You

Monday, December 21, 2009

Kool-Aid Playdough… Thanks Emmy Mom!

playdough I got this recipe from Emmy Mom, bookmarked it, and finally made it!  It’s going to be a Christmas gift for Monkey, and he’s going to love it!  I’m so excited! I ran out of salt before I made it in all the colors I wanted (green and pink). It was so simple I will probably get to making it again sooner than later!  I mentioned the playdough on my facebook status, and had a few inquiries. So here it is!

Koolaid Playdough
1 Cup white flour
1 Cup water
1/4 Cup salt
3 T. Vegetable oil
1 (heaping) T. cream of tartar (essential for good texture)
1 package Kool-aid (generic brand works great)
Mix all together in a medium sauce pan and whisk until smoothish. Cook and stir constantly over medium heat until dough starts to gather into a ball (takes 2-4 minutes). Remove from pan and knead  (when cool enough) until it looks like playdough. It's ready!

You wont find a recipe for playdough that doesn’t require Cream of Tartar (I know, I looked. It’s not something I happened to have!) So, just go get some. It’s with the spices and it’s white. I’m not telling you this because I think you’re an idiot by any means… I’m telling you this because I had no idea what I was looking for what I went to buy some. Now I know. And if you didn’t, now you know too. :)

Happy Play Doughing!

5 comments:

Emmy said...

Yeah! Glad you liked the recipe. Did it make you gag when you were making it? When it was all slimy before it started turning into more of a solid dough it totally made me gag :)

Scott, Tina, Spencer and Morgan said...

another fun one is glurch (kind of a silly putty)
http://www.ehow.com/how_2307597_make-glurch.html
just make sure they don't eat this one!

Scott, Tina, Spencer and Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kanaboke said...

I was so sad because I followed your instructions to find the cream of tartar and apparently Wal Mart in Evanston didn't have any on stock at the time...guess I'll go look at the one podunk store here, but it would be worth it to make this fun playdough!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!