A Letter to You

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Adventures

Technically, I shouldn't be blogging right now. I should be cleaning and finalizing the packing. But can I just say that I AM SICK OF MOVING!!! Like, if I move again in the next year I will not be a very pleasant wife (horrible excuse, I know. But right here, right now. I really think I'll pop a vein if I have to do this again!) Just to give you an idea, this is the 9th time we've packed our crap (which we have very little of) and moved. This time the move will put us in a good situation. And as long as nothing out of our control happens... we will be sitting tight for a while.  I'm not countin' my chickens though. But I won't lie. I'm per-i-tty fer-eaking excited!  Good things are already happening! But like I said - not countin' those chickies!

If you are a wife, I'm sure you've been there. Maybe more than once. You love the guy - no one is debating that. But there are patterns. Patterns that possibly trickle down from fraternal lines... patterns DH has recently recognized and wants to change! And being his super-side-kick wifey, I support and love him as best I know how! Change is a process. It's doesn't happen overnight. And that's ok. I don't expect him to. But in the mean-time, we are all learning the lessons, if you know what I'm sayin'! 

And I'll admit. 9 out of 10 times it isn't really his fault. But it can't be mine!  ("I would never do that if it were just me! But it's not. It's US. And yes, I did do that. And I'm sorry. ") WE make the decisions. Doesn't matter who's original idea it was, we made the choices together. So as much as I would like to blame unpleasant outcomes on DH... it really isn't his fault. We made the decision we felt best about! ... and 9 out of 10 times things turn out just fine and dandy... but that 10 %.... freaking A! Why can't it all just be HIS fault and then I can get mad and move on?

That's not how marriage works. I know! I know! But can't I just let up for a little bit? Can't I just scream and yell once!? He'll get over it, right? RIGHT? Or will the damage be done. Will my sweetheart's heart break because I was unkind? I think mine would.

But I didn't yell. I wanted to. But I didn't. Instead, I took a break and watched Grey's on abc,com. He didn't necessarily like it - but I know it was way better than the alternative. Now we're all good.

I still hate moving. But I still love him. And I'm preeetty sure he still loves me.

Man! That was a disaster averted!!!

Alrighty. I will not blog until everything is done. I will not blog until everything is done. I will not blog until everything is done. I will not blog until everything is done. I will nto blog until everything is done...... (yes, I actually typed that out. no copy and paste here!)

signature

No comments: